You are an important member of your own health team. Pre-surgery steps can improve comfort and results.
Get ready for the facelift:
• Answer your questions about your medical history and your medicine. These include prescription drugs, medicines, herbal treatments, and vitamins. It is a good idea to always record medical conditions, medications and allergies.
• Perform the operational tests as instructed. Testing varies with age, health, and special procedures. Preoperative examinations may include physical examination, blood tests, and other tests.
• If you are overweight, talk to your doctor before working on a healthy diet and exercise program.
• Meals and training loss before surgery
• He did not eat or drink before the surgery, as he taught. Surgery can be interrupted if you are too close to starting surgery because you can stomach the contents of your stomach during anesthesia.
• Stop smoking as soon as possible. Leaving for a few more days can be useful and useful in the healing process.
• Take or stop the medicine exactly as instructed. This may include the use of aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) and blood thinners.
Ask your doctor
Surgery can be stressful. It is common for patients to forget a few questions during their visit to doctors. After the meeting you can think about other issues. Consult your doctor for preliminary discussions and presentations.
It is a good idea to bring the list of questions to the meetings. Questions may include:
• Am I a good candidate for a facelift? Are there any other options for me?
• What image do I need?
• What results can I expect? How long do the results last?
• What are my options if I’m not satisfied with the results?
• How long does the surgery last? When can i go home?
• What are the limitations after surgery? When can I return to work and other activities?
• When can I take a shower and how do I care about my incisions?
• What kind of help will I need at home?
• How do I take medicines?
• How will you handle the pain?
• When should I follow?
• How to contact you? Ask for numbers to call during and after normal hours.